Abortion: An Abstract Diagram/Ideal-Type of a Social Disease
Intro. The social disease that I investigated was Abortion, which affects such life areas as the termination of a pregnancy. The killing of a baby. The stopping of a heart beat The ending of a life. The MURDER of another human..
Motivation for Project. My interest in this phenomenon comes from my ethics, morality, and religious views.
OUTLINE. The primary symptoms of abortion are: 1- no condom during intercourse 2- rape 3- incest
Careless individuals partaking in sexual intercourse and not wearing a condom may become pregnant while not actually intending to or wanting a baby. This results in these women having an abortion. Two other major groups of people to have this done is rape or incest victims.
How to Prevent Abortion: The Micro-RPG
What is this game about? Provoke awareness for abortion and try to stop it World Setting. today
Rules: How is the game played?
- To play you must be a women. 2. Must have had sex and be at risk for pregnancy. 3. Women whom cannot have children can play as well but differently. Theirs is a waiting game instead of actually playing. 4. Women must choose route to take instead of choosing abortion.
Q&A: An Investigation of the Symptoms of Abortion
- How do we have the right to end someone else’s life with them having absolutely no say over the matter?
- Lawmakers and other parties believe the mom has the decision to deliberately terminate their pregnancy if they do not want the child because “it has not had its first breath yet” apparently a baby is not a human and has zero rights until after it has had its first breath. Sooo… you can kill a child at 5:59 pm and it be completely legal, but after its born at 6:02 pm, its illegal and considered murder? What is the real difference in those two minutes? It has not breathed yet? But it still has a heart beat and a completely formed body? – Excerpt. “New York state law says you are alive when you begin to breathe,” Glick said. “That’s not me, that’s just the law.” http://www.politifact.com/new-york/statements/2017/jan/30/deborah-glick/new-yorks-definition-when-fetus-becomes-person/
CAUSE & EFFECT
- Is it okay for a rape or incest victim to have an abortion?
- In my opinion, abortion is never the resolution to your “problem.” If you were raped you can see any doctor or pharmacy and ask for the morning after pill. Many forms of this will be effective up to 120 hours (5 days) after unprotected sex. This will make certain you do not become pregnant. You may ask what the difference between birth control/the morning after pill and abortion is.. well, birth control ensures you do not get pregnant, and the morning after pill is for THE MORNING AFTER, the problem here is not the having sex part or the getting pregnant part. We must not be naïve to think sex is limited to only married couples and ignorant to the fact that there is a chance you may get pregnant every time you get under the covers with someone. The problem here is KILLING a baby. Contraceptives prevent pregnancy, not terminate them. There is no heart beat or baby forming yet. If it is too late for the morning after pill to be effective, murder is your only option. You should never kill a baby under any circumstances. – Excerpt. Emergency contraception is a safe way to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex. There are a few types of emergency contraception, and some work better than others. https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/morning-after-pill-emergency-contraception/which-kind-emergency-contraception-should-i-use
- Instead of killing the baby, if you honestly have no want or are not financially able to have a child, why not consider adoption?
- Are you that selfish to end a child’s life that you may not want to be responsible for rather than considering adoption services that are FREE. – Excerpt. There is no cost to you if you choose adoption. In fact, pregnancy-related expenses are paid for by the adoptive family, which often include medical care and living expenses. Examples may include: rent, utilities, maternity clothing, food, prenatal vitamins and any other medical expenses not covered by your insurance or Medicaid. You will be able to speak with your adoption specialist about your specific needs. http://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/adoption-abortion-parenting
CRITIQUE OF REASONS
- In this class we talk and discuss “social diseases,” one including gender roles and giving a baby a gender identity at birth that he/she may or may not like. We discuss whether we have the right to identify them as one or the other without their consent. If this is a problem, and we cannot even give a baby a gender based on biological anatomy because “babies need rights”, then how on God’s green earth do we have the “right” to end its life without its “say so?”
- I do not believe that babies have “gender rights” a baby is either born with a dick or a vagina therefore either a girl or a boy. Simultaneously I also do not believe the parent has a right to end this child’s life. – Excerpt. Being a boy or a girl, for most children, is something that feels very natural. At birth, babies are assigned male or female based on physical characteristics. https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/gradeschool/Pages/Gender-Identity-and-Gender-Confusion-In-Children.aspx
ALTERNATIVE FORMS &/or SIGNS OF HEALTH
- If you are told during the pregnancy that the baby may have or will have birth defects, is abortion okay then?
- If the doctors said “may have birth defects” then absolutely not! My reason: they MAY have them or they MAY NOT. If the doctors KNOW it will have birth defects, they cannot determine specifically the quality of life this person will have, why kill your own child because it has a risk of having medical issues? In that case do you feel it is okay for everyone with children/family/friends to kill each other if they have health or medical issues? There are laws protecting individuals with special needs, where all the laws protecting unborn babies with special needs? – Excerpt. Three federal laws protect the rights of people with disabilities, which can include people with learning and attention issues. These laws are the Americans with Disabilities Act(ADA), the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act(IDEA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Find out which laws do what. https://www.understood.org/en/school-learning/your-childs-rights/basics-about-childs-rights/at-a-glance-which-laws-do-what
DISSECTION OF MICRO-RPG
The Game’s Fiction
– Essence. What is the game about? –
Roles. Sam, Karen, Molly, Sarah Core Activity. Sam- had unprotected sex with her boyfriend last night and is worried she may become pregnant; Karen- raped last week by her boyfriend’s bestfriend; Molly- married, wanting a child, can not have children; Sarah: got drunk at a party a few months ago, doesn’t remember the events of the party, found out she was pregnant.
Adversity. Sam’s option: emergent contraception, have the babyand keep it, have the baby and put baby up for adoption; Karen’s option: emergent contraception; Molly: adopt Karen’s or Sarah’s child; Sarah: have the baby and keep it, have the baby and put up for adoption.
Motivation. Women have abortions to prevent themselves from having a baby. Setting. In a world where people kill things they do not want.
The Game’s Non-Fiction
– Rules/Mechanics. How is your game about its fiction? – …How do the players play the game?…
Existential Measures. My point in making this game is to bring awareness to there being more options than abortion and you do not have to kill the child just because you do not want it and there may be other women out there whom cannot have children and may want one.
Conditional Rules. Starts with a women having unprotected sex. They make a list of their options and consider which one will be the best for them personally.
Start. The game starts when a man and women have unprotected sex and start to consider their options Finish. The game ends when the women chooses her response to her situation.
Control Mechanisms. The game enforces that you have more than one option other than killing a baby and it expands on these options.
– Experience. What experience do you intend your game to give? –
Take-away. I want my players to feel comfortable with making other options and less comfortable with killing a child.