Description of the project : I have made a presentation demonstrating various social problems existing in the world. These problems are some of the worst existing.
List of ideas:
- Brain Drain : Brain Drain refers to the emigration (out-migration) of knowledgeable, well-educated and skilled professionals from their home country to another country. I supported my idea with the example of brain drain in India which is suffering the most by this problem.
- Progressive taxation : A progressive tax is a tax in which the tax rate increases as the taxable amount increases. The term “progressive” refers to the way the tax rate progresses from low to high, with the result that a taxpayer’s average tax rate is less than the person’s marginal tax rate.
- Sexual Harassment : Sexual harassment is bullying or coercion of a sexual nature, or the unwelcome or inappropriate promise of rewards in exchange for sexual favors. this is one of the most serious social problem. I have extracted a story of a poor women who is sexually harassed. URL https://rewire.news/article/2016/09/09/living-below-the-poverty-line-makes-me-more-vulnerable-to-sexual-harassment/
- Homophobia : Homophobia is the disapproval or hatred against homosexual and LGBT people. It may lead to act of violence and expressions of hostility. I have taken a life experience of a gay from London and how how he faces this problem in everyday experiences.
- Dependency theory : : Dependency theory is the notion that resources flow from a “periphery” of poor and underdeveloped states to a “core” of wealthy states, enriching the latter at the expense of the former and preventing their development. I have taken the example of Haiti which was ruled by France and how France utilized Haiti.
- 3rd World Worker + 2nd Class Woman = Cheapest Labor : This is a problem in which the poor people specially women of poor nations are compelled to work in minimum wages facing lot of difficulties. I have taken the example of Bangladesh’s garment factory women worker.
- Rape culture : Rape culture is a term that was coined by feminists in the United States in the 1970’s. It was designed to show the ways in which society blamed victims of sexual assault and normalized male sexual violence. Recently, women revealed their assault stories in the response to trumps vileness.
- Access to foreign resources : This is a problem by which the rich western countries are gaining benefits from the third world countries by extracting their resources for their own profit. “The current beef situation in world”, rich countries are using the pasture lands of poor countries while people of poor countries are dying of poverty.
- Blaming the victim : : Victim blaming occurs when the victim of a crime or any wrongful act is held entirely or partially responsible for the harm that befell them.
- Colonialism : It is a process of taking the control ( politics, trade, business etc. ) of other country. Britain exerted direct control over India and established a puppet government to extract the resources and exploit the labor.
How I made this project :
First I researched the major problem world is facing in the contemporary situation. Then, I searched for the stories related to the problems and arranged them in a sensible order.
My advice for others : All the topics discussed are worsening the human itself. so try to abandon them.