The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life
I drew this picture because I’ve seen many young girls change into strangers to become more accepted by the groups they surround themselves with. I came up with five points to explain just how much society and the enter net impact us.
- We don’t lead our own lives. We let society and social media impact the way we present ourselves.
2. We change our behavior to become more “accepted” meaning we prejudge what we think people like and we try to meet those expectations.
3. Body actions give off signs, but those signs can either be what we want people to see, or they can be misinterpreted.
4. We put up a front for people, allowing them to take in what they want to see and question what they don’t.
5. We often see ourselves as a work in progress, instead of a work of art.